Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Deep Clean

A few weeks ago I decided to give my little house a deep cleaning. I'm talking dusting window blinds, cleaning dirt from the sills, sweeping the whole house, mopping AND windexing. Whew, talk about a chore. It took me over 5 hours to clean my place. I even used the pin sol and red bucket for mopping for the first time. When it's just one person, things don't get too messy, but still. This was the nitty gritty cleaning. The next morning, I was feeling really good about the way the house looked, so I decided to take some pics of the place. It occurred to me that even though the title of my blog includes "adventures of Amy and her little house" that I'd never really posted many pics of the inside of my house. Let me take you on a 10 picture tour...

Breakfast Nook
Breakfast table and chairs - circa 1950, from my Aunt Florence & Uncle Paul's kitchen in Trussville, AL
Picture clock - circa 2005, Target
Placemats- circa ?, Father & Sons in Raleigh
Side table lamp- circa 1960, from my mom and aunt's childhood bedrooms


Living Room
Paris painting- circa 1942, Burlington Antique Mall
TV- circa 2010, hhgregg
Vintage green couch- circa 1960?, Sharon Towers
Coffee table- circa 2004, Rooms to Go Outlet
Throw pillows- circa 2010, Ikea
Papizon chair- circa 2003, Dan's


Kitchen
Sugar, Flour, Coffee Tea, Bread Box containers- circa 1970, Aunt Florence & Uncle Paul
London tea box- circa 2010, Marshall's

NC State Coke bottle- circa 1983, Burlington Antique Mall
Touch-n-toast- circa 1970, Aunt Florence & Uncle Paul
Sugar and creamer set- circa 1960, Aunt Florence & Uncle Paul
Love birds salt and pepper shakers, spoon rest- circa 1970, Aunt Florence & Uncle Paul

Ball Perfect Mason jar- circa 1923, Aunt Florence & Uncle Paul
Hand painted Recipe Book- circa 1970, Aunt Florence & Uncle Paul


View from kitchen sink window to my front yard and driveway


Guest Room/Office/Music Room
from left,
Vanity- circa 1930, Nanny
iMac- circa 2007, Best Buy
Glass desk- circa 2007, Ashley Furniture
Desk chair- circa 1970, Dad
Bookshelf- circa 2010, Target
Records- circa 1940-2010, various (Amoeba Music, Goodwill, Alabaster Thrift Shop, Grandmother, Aunt Florence & Uncle Paul, Mom & Dad, Barbara Pixley)
Record player, AM Radio chest- circa 1950, Aunt Florence & Uncle Paul
Record player (black)- circa 2002, Restoration Hardware


My Room

decorative "A"- circa 2010, The Paris Market in Savannah, GA
Paris painting- circa 2006, street painter in Paris
Disney scene frame- circa 2007, Dan
macaroni frame- circa 2006, Dan
Love photo frame- circa 2009, Urban Outfitters


2 comments: