Friday, July 2, 2010

Whoops!

Last night, i baked myself some frozen-healthy mac n cheese. i decided to go old school and cook it in the "conventional oven" instead of the microwave. even though it took 3 mins in microwave and 35 in the oven. i decided i could wait for the better end result. in went the mac n cheese with the plastic cover @ 350*. after it was done, i mixed it with some left over roasted chicken i'd used for chicken mango quesadillas for monday's meal. [recipe compliments of cooking for your man (cookbook compliments of dan)]. i pared the oven-boxed mac n chicken n cheese with mango rice (see comment above), corn from grilling on tues (with natalie, sarah, jessica, dan), and ht sweet tea (from mr. morgan's 60th bday bash). the mac and cheese looked so good right out of the oven that i got tempted, forgot i'd just pulled it out of a 350* oven, and tasted it. BURNED my tongue!! my poor taste buds are still red and mad at me this morning. nonetheless, the mac n cheese was kinda weak, so i added some pepper from the teeny tiny salt n pepper set provided for us when we stay @ edisto. i'm talking there's only one little hole in the thimble-sized pepper shaker, so you really have to work for your seasoning!

i curled up on my couch under my zebra blanket to watch "step up" and enjoy my dinner. i'm long overdue to see that movie, and have a crush on the main guy. (can't remember his name, but he's miley's love in "dear john"). just as i was getting into the movie, mich stopped by as planned, but with a mission for tcby. don't get in front of this girl and her cravings. seeing as i was just finishing my meal, she waited patiently until i finished. feeling lazy and really wanting to finish the movie, i suggested going to another yo-fo place that'd just opened nearby. she replied, "you can stay here or go there, but i'm going to tcby either way tonight." ok then. tcby, here we come! it's in a shopping center past my shaker house, so in my mind, it's really far away. i've got that charlotte mentality that anywhere you have to drive 15 mins to is too long, and you just don't venture out unless it's a necessity. mich offered to drive and we were set.

10pm, drive to tcby. we drive right past the street you'd turn down to get to my shaker house. it was weird just driving by it. i felt guilty and strange not going there or stopping by to say hello. but i didn't feel too bad bc i knew my parents were alone at the house for the first time in a while. why did i know this? bc my dad called me earlier that afternoon just to gloat and tell me this information!

tcby is def the new high school hangout. i thought i'd see matthew and meredith's friends there, and sure enough, our neighbor, meredith, was there! the trip ended up being really good. i got to spend time w my michy, experience ice cream from the future where you self serve, self top, and pay by weight, and venture out of my east blvd bubble.

i woke up this morning and walked to my kitchen and the stove area felt warm... a lightbulb went off: i forgot to turn the oven off last night!!!! oh gosh. it's all good now, whew.

today, im feeling rejuvenated! dan and i are off to visit colby and jacob for the 4th. going to dc for the 4th too! i love feeling patriotic. this trip is in honor of my uncle paul, papa, uncle kelly, zach, wes, & ben.

happy 4th!

1 comment:

  1. Is that what TCBY has become!? There's a place at Carolina Place that has that whole "set up"...haven't tried it yet though! Glad you had a good night!

    ReplyDelete