Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Where'd ya go?

Dang it. I become the blogger that i never wanted to be... the one who starts out strong and then goes MIA for weeks. Sorry.

Every day since my last post (over 2 weeks ago) ive been thinking about what to write about. the only theme that's been going on in my life lately is change. the end of an era. a good one; bittersweet, really. it's been almost 2 years since i started my first big girl job. ive had time to get my feet wet in the corporate world, and id say ive got the swing of things pretty much down. just use the right buzzwords and you're golden. in one way, it seems like yesterday that i was running around charlotte on the "amazing race scavenger hunt" with all the 300+ college hires... in another way, it feels like forever.

we've come to the 2 year mark in my rotation program with work. this means that a few people are going to get their MBAs, some are getting new jobs, and others are waiting on their boyfriends to finish law school. ive been feeling nostalgic about the time me and my friends at work have had together. it's an experience we'll never have again. 1st job, single, free to be and do whatever. i know im living the best years of my life. but yet i feel ancy when another friend gets engaged or people move to new jobs. every time i feel myself getting anxious about trying to move my present quickly to the future i think i want, i just have to slow down and take it all in. and when i really think about it, i am happy and completely smitten. i love living in this little yellow house. i love coming home and not having to do the dishes bc i just don't feel like it. and as much as i can get caught up with what everyone else is doing, it feels really good to just enjoy the moment. sometimes i look up at the sky and smile, thanking God for blessing me to be in this very moment and season of life. i know things can't stay like this forever. just this week things are starting to change at work and people are starting to move away. but i will try to slow down and cherish these times. even when ive had the worst day at work (today) and feel so upset about things (having to move cubes to another building, away from all of my cubemates), i know better things are yet to come.

i'd just gotten done moving all my stuff into my new cube with andrew and max's help. i felt like the pits. even so, i met my new cubemate, mark, and introduced him to andrew. he was so genuinely happy to meet me and excited that he'd have a new neighbor. it's amazing what a smile can do. almost instantly i felt better. i introduced him to Andrew and explained how this was Andrew's very first week! mark kept calling him "big man" and asking questions about everything, wishing him the best.
"every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

No comments:

Post a Comment